Saturday, January 27, 2007

January 20-27, 2007

This week was adventurous.

Last saturday I went to an 8am basketball game. We were winning nearly the entire game. We had 4 players they had 11. They won after two more players hsowed up in the last quarter.

Then I rushed over to my highschool and participated in an 8 hour dance marathon to help raise money for the competition I will be competing at in Disney World this spring. The trip costs between 500 and 600 dollars.

After dancing for 8 hours (and at the end tying for 2nd in the limbo), i rushed over to one of our ward's buildings for a dance I planned.

I am the co-chair of a commitee, the dance committee. We planned a multi- stake dance where we invited 3 other stakes and expected at most 100 or so people. By about 10:00 (the dance went from 8:00-11:00) there were over 25o people representing 8 DIFFERENT STAKES! It was an INCREDIBLE turn out and I was glad to have such a heavy burden off my chest!

Then we had a 3 day school week where we took our semester exams. WHAT a joy!! :P
Thursday and friday were off because of teacher work day's. Monday we had a 2 hr delay because or EXTENSIVE ice and snow. For virginia... that's bad. It was a BIG disappointment that we didn't get school off. For those of you in utah, i know you get multiple feet of snow and still don't miss school... but let's face it. This is northern virginia, where our grading scales our harder and our superintendint is softer.

Thursday I relaxed, and then my best friend slept over and we watched some "scary" movies.
Friday was boring till Robbie came over! That was fun. For those of you who don't know who robbie is:

Robbie (Robert Timmins Smith) is my cousin on the smith side. His father is Robert Smith who is my mom's younger brother. He is getting baptised tomorrow at 6:00pm at the centreville stake center.

He came over and we watched an intense/ kinda scary movie and then he slept over and then I went to bed.

Today was an adventure. I woke up at 9:55 (wanting to wake up ATLEAST at 9:30) and rushed around to gather my things. Our basketball game started at 11 and we had to be a half an hour away a half an hour before the game started. We rushed over and began our warm ups. Throughout the WHOLE game more and more players kept showing up. No one was on time. We had TONS of players. It was cool except I only got to play for 3 min. the entire game. I was really bummed. During the 3 minutes I played some exciting stuff happened. I made a great steal by standing behind the girl from the other team who had the ball and whispered "anna, right behind you" so she handed it right to me! The a few sconds later, some girl pushed me over and now I have VERY sore legs with wood burs up them and a HUGE bruise and a VERY swollen knee. It was worth it. I had fun!

Then I went to work after not working for a few months. I work at Keith's Driving School. It was awesome. There was 4 of us there and there was hardly any work to do so I went in the back and filed a little.

At 7:20 I got picked up for a dance. We went to the "Oakton Dance" down at the oakton stake center where they invite all the stakes twice a month to attend a dance. I went with a couple of my best friends and we had a blast!!

Well... its 12:41 and I am out.

This is Jenbaldo way over in the field of the springs!!

No comments:

What Could You Never Live Without?