Monday, September 29, 2008

My 18th Birthday

So, Today is my 18th Birthday, and since visiting hours (where guys can come in my dorm room) are only twice a week, last night we had a party. Guys and girls from my ward, hall, classes, and some other of my friends all came over from 8 - 9. My friends baked a cake, and decorated it, and all 30ish of the people at the party inhaled the cake. It was so yummy :) 

I posted all the pictures on my facebook, but if you don't have one... I'll post some pictures here. 

I had such a blast. Two of the boys from my classes got me presents. One boy gave me his favorite sunglasses, wrapped in newspaper. The other boy bought me a book, and chapstick, from the bookstore, and also gave me a big bag of dove chocolates. I was so grateful. I wasn't expecting any presents.

Another boy wrote me the most hilarious birthday poem ever! At the bottom he drew stick figure pictures of us.

The same boy who gave me the book, chapstick, and chocolates also used streamers to decorate my room when I wasn't in it. 

A couple girls from the floor above me came down to my room at midnight and they sang me birthday songs, and gave me a cup of hot chocolate, and an apple. On the note it said "We love you more than Hot Cocoa and Apples". It was just so funny how random they were... don't we love helaman halls' vending machines? 

A couple girls in my hall gave me cards they made. One girl wrote me this really sweet letter, and gave me a chocolate bar.

One of my best friends in my hall had me come to her dorm after midnight.. so I went over and she handed me this box. I opened it up, and there were all these wonderful little things that just made me so happy :)

I wasn't expecting any presents, so all of this was just wonderful :)


I was also sung happy birthday a lot of times. #1 Relief Society #2 My Birthday Bash #3 Ward Wrap Up #4 Midnight on my birthday #5 Just after midnight #6 Philosophy class today.

Eventually it got kind of weird to have it sung so many times... but it was always amazing because everyone broke into crazy amazing harmonies. It was beautiful.

Also, this morning after I woke up I opened my door and it was decorated with streamers and balloons and everything. It was awesome :) My friends wrote "Happy Bday" on the balloons and placed them around my door.



Tonight... I have some pretty sweet birthday plans :)

1) Meet Kirby Heyborne, hang out with him, etc. -- Thank you Heidi!
2) Go to his concert
3) Hang out with my friend Jake, and get my free coldstone

I am sure I'll end up going to bed pretty late... so we'll see.

I am excited to hang out with Kirby tonight. For those of you who don't know who he is.. He is in all the "Mormon Movies" such as RM, Singles Ward, Singles Ward 2, Saints and Soldiers, Take a Chance, Sons of Provo, Hoops, and the Best Two Years.



Anyways.. that is my birthday celebration "Sparknotes" version.  Hope you enjoyed sharing this special day with me :)





This is Jake :) He's the best.
These are the girls that gave me the apple and cocoa. They live upstairs.  Staci, Angela, Me, Elisa, Haley, and Lisa :)
Dallin is in my ward, and megan lives in my building, hannah- on the end- is my rs president.
This is probably 3/4 of the people that came to my birthday celebration. It was way fun :)
Opening my present from Claire :)
I love kaitlyn and claire. They are from orem. They're like my best friends.
These guys/girl are all from my classes. We're in freshman academy - Engineering/Physics Community.  Jake, Nicole, Marina, Noelle, Spencer, Me, Scott, Emily.

2 comments:

janae said...

Happy birthday, Jenna!!! How fun that everyone celebrated it so much! Isn't freshman year the best???! Seriously, I think freshman who don't live in the dorms miss out on all the camaraderie. It is a blast!

Babydoll said...

Happy birthday. Glad it was fun-filled. Sounds like you have some great friends!

What Could You Never Live Without?