So Far I have been busy busy busy, making money, feeling the spirit... the whole shebang!
I teach private swim lessons and although the usual charge is 15-20 $ per 30 min/ kid, I have been fortunate enough to get paid between 35 and 50 dollars per hour!! That's like insane!! Especially since this is my first year teaching lessons!
I am also a life guard for NV Pools and I life guard at a local pool called Cottontail pool. I make only 6.25 an hour for that job. Lame, but it IS money!!
I also still babysit :) I recently got a job at the Marriott Renissance Hotel in DC for this lady's sister's wedding. The lady use to teach at the middle school I went to, I never actually had her. We had only 3 kids: 10, 5 and 5. I made 28 dollars an hour... five and a half hours... that's INSANE!! So again, the cheap life guard pay... i don't mind it so much.
I still have my clothing business, trying to get it to bloom has been PRETTY hard! I have 3 employees and my business' name is Bald and Beautiful. I make pretty much everything, I make it mostly for fun, but then people wanted my clothes... so yeah.
There have been a THOUSAND new people move into my ward this summer so we've been having almost daily hang outs to bond the youth. That has been fun! Last night it was pouring and we all went outside and played red rover!! It was intense, there was even blood!! But everyone was ok.
At the Activity Day camp out here, I was the dance instructor and I taught 15 girls from ages 8-11 different dances to various Disney songs. This time the camp was 4 days long and so I taught them two dances: "Kiss The Girl" and "Part of Your World". They learned them pretty fast and most importantly had a BLAST doing it!! One of the mothers asked me if I'd be interested in teaching girls 6-10 dances like that during the school year. The dances are simplified show choir dances. With extra time, they can learn a lot more! I'm excited and I hope I'll be able to help out!!
I'm starting to visit the 94 year old lady in our ward again. Today I went with Natalie to give her lunch and she says some amazing things, and her stories from life are just incredible!! I can't wait to visit her more!!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment